Our historical and future pipeline of projects involve the generation and distribution of energy. The Fichtner electrical and future networks team is a critical part of our delivery structure across each and every sector we operate
Our team has extensive experience of managing the appraisal, due diligence, design, installation and testing of electrical infrastructure across the UK and Irish energy sectors.
Fichtner’s team has extensive experience with Extra High Voltage (EHV), High Voltage (HV), Medium Voltage (MV), Low Voltage (LV), 3-phase AC, DC, switchgear networks and network operation, transmission lines, cable networks, distribution networks, HVDC, converters, filters and reactive power compensation.
Our capabilities include:
- power system analysis
- breaker capability, arc flash and lightning protection studies
- conceptual and detailed electrical design
- equipment specification, procurement, and quality assurance
- management of grid connection works for private wire, encompassing Contestable and Non Contestable works elements
- optimisation of process control and functional safety systems
- substation I&C and process automation
- third party design verification
- asset management and equipment failure investigation
- SIL assessments
- FAT, SAT, safe systems of work and electrical plant maintenance compliance audits
- asset management and equipment failure investigation and analysis