Located off the east coast of England in shallow waters. Our client is considering up to 50% investment in the project and will be operated by a leading offshore wind farm developer.
Fichtner’s technical review is focused on the following key areas;
- planning and environmental consents;
- energy yield including internal and external wake loss assessment;
- construction contracts covering balance of plant and turbine supply;
- turbine technology and foundation review, O&M contracts;
- vessel and port logistics;
- maintenance regime; and and OFTO asset interface risks.
Fichtner also reviewed the financial model assumptions and provide technical input to the client.
With a potential maximum capacity of up to 570MW, the offshore wind farm could generate enough electricity to power 400,000 UK homes per year. The Project could also realise a potential annual carbon saving of over 830,000 tonnes of CO2.