Based in Dublin, ROI
Reporting to a Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
What do we do?
We pride ourselves on our ability to draw on the wide-ranging experience of our engineers to provide high-quality engineering advice. Our roles include Owner’s Engineer, Lender’s Engineer, Due Diligence reporting, the undertaking of feasibility and design reviews.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Dublin office (Dun Laoghaire). The successful candidate will be adept at blending their technical ability, excellent communication skills, and flair for creative problem solving to assist our clients across a wide range of projects and industries.
You will need to have:
- A good degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Significant experience, post qualification, in industry, utilities, or power generation.
- Broad knowledge of one or more of the following:
- HV, MV and LV system design
- embedded generation projects
- grid integration projects
- system studies; and
- prior experience of EirGrid grid connections – this is essential
- Effectively and professionally with external and internal clients
- Excellent understanding of health, safety, and welfare within engineering
- Able to work as part of a wider UK engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required
- Consultancy skills
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and holiday package, with leading bonus scheme of 20% of salary
- Opportunity to become a shareholder after ** years’ service
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company social events
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.