Based in Dublin/Belfast
Reporting to a Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 150 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, and our most recent office launch in Glasgow. Our electrical team is a critical part of our delivery structure, contributing to each and every sector we operate in, and as the business grows from strength to strength, we are now looking to expand this team by recruiting a senior electrical engineer.
As an experienced Electrical Engineer, you will have:
- A good degree in Electrical Engineering
- Significant knowledge,post qualification, of industrial electrical infrastructure including design and commissioning coupled with
experience in HV, MV and LV, embedded generation, protection circuits, grid connections, HV and LV switchgear, substations
and coordinating with UK DNOs
- Lead a small team of electrical consultants
- Dealing effectively and professionally with external and internal clients, attending meetings etc
- Prior experience with the use of Dig SILENT and other electrical engineering sector software
- The undertaking of feasibility, power system studies and design reviews
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and welfare within engineering
- Witnessing of both site and factory acceptance testing
- Ability to assess manufactured or fabricated items for faults
- The provision of site-based construction monitoring
- Able to work as part of a wider engineering team and also to operate autonomously as required
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and holiday package, with leading bonus scheme of 20% of salary
- Opportunity to become a shareholder after ** years’ service
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company social events
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.