Based in Belfast or Stockport with travel
Reporting to a Team Leader
Permanent, full-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 150 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, and our most recent office launch in Glasgow. As the business grows from strength to strength, we are now looking to further extend our team by recruiting an experienced Controls and Instrumentation Engineer, to be based in our Belfast or Stockport office, and play a key role in our ambitious expansion plans.
What are we looking for?
- A good degree in an Electrical or Control & Instrumentation engineering discipline
- Full C&I project life cycle experience from tendering to handover
- Good understanding of distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC) including both hardware and software
- Good understanding of industrial communication networks and its protocols including Profibus, Profinet, Modbus TCP and others
- Good knowledge of process instrumentation used for both, basic process control systems and safety instrumented systems (SIS). Ability to specify, install and commission instrumentation
- Good understanding of functional safety and safety instrumented systems (SIS) including safety life cycle and safety documentation
- Good knowledge of ATEX – Ex instrumentation, devices, and its installation requirements
- Some understanding of industrial automation control systems (IACS) cybersecurity for operational technology (OT)
- Experience in preparation and reviewing of full C&I project documentation including functional descriptions, specifications, drawings, diagrams, P&IDs, and others
- Ability to produce technical reports, minutes of meeting, letters, memos and being able to clearly explain complex technical C&I related issues to different audiences
- Good knowledge of C&I related British and international standards and regulations
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel within UK (and occasionally Western Europe) to participate in meetings, assessments, witnessing factory acceptance tests (FAT) and conduct inspections/audits
- Comfortable monitoring of all on site activities including installation, commissioning, and site acceptance testing (SAT)
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and holiday package, with leading bonus scheme of 20% of salary
- Opportunity to become a shareholder
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company social events
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.