Based from Dublin Office
Reporting to Team Leader
Permanent, part-time employment
Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a leading technical consultancy with a reputation built on over 30 years of successful projects in the UK and Ireland. Our purpose is to facilitate the investment and delivery of energy infrastructure projects that positively influence the energy transition. Our success comes from the unique combination of skills and experience that continuously evolves. Our Engineers and Consultants support some of the most innovative energy projects across the UK and Ireland; providing design, intellectual, and engineering services to developers, investors, and owner-operators.
We have over 150 employees that we are proud to have represent us, operating from our offices in Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, and our most recent office launch in Glasgow. As the business grows from strength to strength, we are now looking to further extend our team by recruiting an experienced health and safety advisor, who will work alongside our health and safety manager and play a key role in our ambitious expansion plans. This role will be south Manchester based.
What are we looking for?
- A good degree in Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of thermal power plant/thermal process cycles
- Significant experience gained within an OEM, EPC, process manufacturing or engineering consultancy environment
- Working knowledge of quality control systems applicable to power plant design, manufacturing, and construction
- Prior experience with full cycle project management and contract administration, being able to prepare job plans, write Client proposal documents, estimate manhour requirements, and fee estimates
- The undertaking of feasibility studies, due diligence exercises and design reviews
- A client facing individual with the ability to chair meetings and initiate inspections
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project
- A full driving licence
- The ability and willingness to travel both in the UK and occasionally overseas
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and holiday package, with leading bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Opportunity to become a shareholder
- Significant training, development, and career growth opportunities
- Company electrical vehicle car leasing scheme
- Private medical & life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company social events
- Milestone scheme celebrating years spent as part of the Fichtner team!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and let us know why you are a good for fit us.
When sending over your CV, please take a moment to review our privacy statement regarding how we process your personal data within our recruitment process.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforces. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.